Friday, July 6, 2012

TAST Weeks 26 & 27

Weeks 26 & 27
I am combining two weeks worth of challenges as I had to run to the city to buy some more embroidery cloth as I was out.

Week 26 was the Palestrina Stitch, or also known as double knot or old English knot stitch.  I used floss and some perle #5 and all six strands of floss.

Week 27 was the Bonnet Stitch.  This one took some brain work on my part as you had to work from right to left.  For the most part I used three strands of floss.

I referred to Sharon at TAST and also Mary Thomas's Dictionary of Embroidery Stitches for help - both were very good resources.  I really need to work on getting the proper spacing - comes with more practice and time.

1 comment:

Queeniepatch said...

It is nice to compare the two stitches on the same piece of fabric - it was good that you did not have any spare cloth for the Bonnet stitch!