Wednesday, April 3, 2013

BOM 2012

Front of the Quilt
Completed the Block of the Month 2012 quilt with Amy Gibson at Craftsy.com.  Had a lot of green in my quilting stash and needed a project for January.  Then Craftsy offered a free motion quilting course, with Leah Day, that was using the BOM 2012 as the sample - so I took that as well.

Definitely many hours later (some of them very frustrating...) I completed the quilt.  I had never 'really' free motion quilted before - so this is NOT my best work - nor will I be giving it to anyone - might make it to the cottage.
Back of the quilt
I have decided that free motion quilting is like driving down a very icy, curvy road with bald tires!!  Need LOTS of control.

Quite the learning experience - will try another course on free motion quilting - can only get better - right?

Yes, it is April here - and we still have snow on the ground!!! Will spring ever come?

No comments: