Friday, January 9, 2015

Modern Christmas Trees Wall Hanging

I had started this wall hanging in January 2014 - hoping to get it finished before spring - but then we went away for 5 weeks!  In December 2014 I decided to finish it for Christmas - but I ran out of the quilting thread (I used too much I guess).  So I ordered another spool (1000 m!), thinking maybe I'll get it finished for Christmas 2015…

The thread came and I finished it New Years Eve day - so I officially finished it in 2014!!

I saw the quilt and instructions at www.christaquilts.com - a lesson in free motion quilting.  It measures 43" x 50" when finished.  It looks great hanging in our entryway - it is crooked here as the nails need to be even.  It is ALL free motion quilted!!  It took 1.5 spools of 1000 m thread to complete it.  The bottom quilting is mini fans - used to represent snow drifts.  The middle quilting is pebbles - used to represent snowballs.  There are also snowflakes and a star on top of the tree; plus the words Peace, Noel and Joy.  The top quilting is spirals or swirls - used to represent the wind and sky.

No comments: